- Have very sharp teeth.(trust me, I know this from experience)
- Can be of any size, depending on the breed.
- They prefer biscuits that are meat-flavoured to those that are veggie flavoured.
- Need to be fed twice a day.(not more than the vet reccomends)
- Need to have exercise, or they will become overweight and won't live as long.
- Are supposed to be able to swim from the time they can control their legs. (My dog is an exception)
- Toy dogs (small dogs, like chiuauahs), tend to bark a lot more than larger dogs.(Like the great dane, which
is usually very shy)
- Large dogs(rotwilers) tend to scare anyone who passes in front of the house by nearly knocking down the door.
- Some small dogs(miniature shnauzer) tend to have a deep bark as well, and sound like a big dog; so when the
mailman passes by, he gets scared because he thinks he is hearing a big dog and has no idea where it is.(my dog does that
- Some dogs, like dobermans, will have their tails cut short, or cropped, to make them look fierce. They can
also have their floppy ears cropped so that they are pointy and will lok more like guard dogs. (this can also be done with
many other breeds)
- Some dogs will shed lots of hair, while others won't shed any at all. Some will only shed a little bit.
- Miniature shnauzers can be used to catch mice in barns.
- Collies/Sheepdogs can be used to round sheep/cattle on farms.
- Many types of dogs can be entered in dog shows, like obstacle courses, or behaviour shows, as well as many
other types of shows.
- Come in many colours, shapes, sises and breeds.
- There are four categories of horses. They are the miniature pony(about twice the size of a small dog), a
pony(a small horse), a horse(that is self-explanatory), and a draft horse(a very large horse used for pulling heavy loads
or working on farms).
- Are measured in hands, which is equal to four inches.
- There are four speeds at which you can ride a horse: walk(that explains itself), trot(This is the midpoint
of a walk and a canter), canter(the horse is running), and gallop(running really, really fast).
- Some breeds of horses(lippizaner) can do special manoevers. Among these are "airs above the ground", where
the horse is doing a special kind of jump, and it looks like the horse is flying. Another, is called a gait. It is basically
a trot where the horse lifts its feet a lot higher than usual.
- A horse can be entered in many competitions, depending on if the horse is a miniature horse, a pony, a horse,
or a draft horse.There are jump shows, races, obstacle courses, dressage shows, rodeos, cart-pulling contests, and many others.
- They eat hay, apples, oats, sugar cubes, grass, and carrots. Some things, like buttercups, will
poison them though.
- They are very expensive to own, costing approx. 2 000$ for the horse alone; not to mention the feed, the
bedding, the barn, the paddock, the grooming equipment, and the riding gear.